Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thing #11 Googling

I am totally amazed at how many things you can do with Google. I truly think it is the new Microsoft in the way Microsfot used to monopolize computer utility software. I heard the new that Microsoft is trying to purchase Yahoo and even the two of them combined would only be 40% of the traffic that Google has.

It was fun with the kids to try the street search to see our neighborhood as we virtually drove down the street. It is also cool to see a birds eye view of places with the ariel view. We set up our home mac to a personalized web page which is very handy to see the weather and current news topics. I checked out a book called Rule the Web: How to do Anythiing and Everything on the Internet, which tells more about the ever changing Google by Mark Frauenfelder. I found out he is one of the authors of Boing Boing, one of the most popular blogs on the web. Anyway, I highly recommend the book as it is easy to understand and explores several of the "things" we are exploring in this 23 + 1 endevour.

No comments: