Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thing #5

I have been using my web page to keep up with the two classes that I teach and the History Day class starting after winter break. I use them almost exclusivly to post web sites that will help the class. Previously I had tried having the class type in long urls that almost always created panic among the students as they would miss a character in the long alphanumeric strings creating 404 errors. Having multiple students shouting that the website doesn't work all at once leads to chaotic teaching situations to say the least.

They are so helpful for students to work on the assignments outside of class as well. They don't need to navigate to difficult sites, they have it mounted for them already. I hope to help other teachers make use of this invaluable technology tool as well.

No comments: